24oz mixture of brocolli and cauliflower
2oz plain flour
1.5 pints milk
1 tsp lakeshore mustard
salt and pepper
8oz grated cheddar cheese
3oz flahavans progress oatlets
1 tbsp. chopped parsley
1oz chopped cashew nuts or flakes almonds
1. Cut off the brocolli and cauliflower florets and slice the stems thinly.
2. Heat the butter in a large saucepan, add the vegetables and turn until evenly coated.
3. Stir in the flour and cook for 2 minutes.
4. Gradually add the milk, stirring until thickened and smooth.
5. Add the mustard, salt and pepperr and mix well.
6. Cover and cook gently for 10 minutes.
7. Remove from the heat and stir in half the cheese.
8. Turn into a buttered overproof dish.
9. Mi the remaining cheese, oats, parsley and nuts and sprinkle evenly over the top.
10. Bake for about 20 minutes at Gas Mark 4 until the topping is crispy.
11. Seve with a green salad.