Whip up these High Fibre Scones, topped with salmon & cream cheese for a tasty brekkie or lunch
125g/4 oz Odlums Coarse Wholemeal
125g/4 oz Odlums Self Raising Flour
150ml/¼ pt Milk (approx)
Pinch of Salt
25g/1 oz Golden Caster Sugar (optional)
25g/1 oz Butter or Margarine
Above quantities may be doubled if you wish!
1. Sieve flour and salt into a bowl, stir in sugar if used.
2. Rub in butter/margarine.
3. Add sufficient milk to make a soft dough.
4. Turn onto a floured board and gently knead to remove any cracks.
5. Roll out lightly to 1″ in thickness. Cut into scones with a cutter dipped in flour.
6. Place on a floured preheated baking sheet/tray, glaze if liked with beaten egg or milk.
7. Bake in a preheated oven 220°C/425°F/Gas 8 on upper shelf position for 10 mins approx .
8. Cool on a wire tray.
When cool, place crème fraîche or cream cheese, smoked salmon and parsley on top for a tasty lunch alternative!