1 onion, peeled
2 ½ ounces sweet potato, peeled
2 ounces Kerrygold Salted Butter
5 free range eggs
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
¾ cup Kerrygold Dubliner Cheese, grated
¾ cup ham, diced
Pinch of grated nutmeg
1. Cut the onions and potatoes in half and then thinly slice. Pat them dry with a paper towel.
2. Heat 1 tablespoon of oil and the 2 ounces of Kerrygold Salted Butter in an 8-inch non-stick frying pan over a medium heat.
3. Tip in the onions and potatoes, lower the heat and cook for 10 minutes, stirring every few minutes.
4. Meanwhile, crack the eggs into a large bowl, season with salt and pepper and whisk lightly.
5. Once the potatoes and onions are cooked, tip them into the bowl of whisked eggs and mix together.
6. Stir in the grated Dubliner cheese, ham and pinch of fresh nutmeg to the egg mixture.
7. Place the pan back over the heat and if needed pour in a small drizzle of oil.
8. Pour in the frittata mixture, and leave to cook for about 15 minutes or until the frittata is set.
9. Every now and then, draw the edge in gently with a palette knife.
10. After about 10 minutes you need to turn the frittata over to cook on the other side.
11. Place a plate over the pan and carefully invert both so that the frittata is on plate.
12. Put the pan back on the heat and slide the frittata back into the pan, this time the other way up.
13. Cook for 2 additional minutes, then leave it to rest in the pan for about 5 minutes.
14. Slide it onto a board or plate and serve sliced, either warm or at room temperature.