This classic recipe makes a fun centre piece for afternoon tea and brings back many childhood memories.
175g/6oz Odlums Self Raising Flour
2 tablespoons Pineapple Juice (from tin of Pineapple Rings)
Pinch of Salt
25g/1oz Brown Demerara Sugar
Tin of Pineapple Rings
Cherries to decorate
1. Preheat the oven to 190°C/375°F/Gas 5.
2. Grease a 2 pint casserole dish with the 1oz of butter, then sprinkle brown sugar over base.
4. Arrange pineapple rings on the base and half rings along sides of the casserole.
5. Decorate with the cherries.
To make sponge:
1. Using all-in-one method, put the flour, sugar, butter, eggs, juice and salt into a mixing bowl.
2. Beat well until mixture is creamy and smooth. Pour into the prepared dish.
3. Bake for 25-30 minutes approx.
4. Turn out onto serving dish and serve.