190 grams of plain flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
190 grams of smooth peanut butter
90 grams of golden brown sugar
100 grams of butter or margarine
1 large egg
100 grams of coarsely chopped salted dry-roasted peanuts
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
240 grams of Chivers blackcurrant jam
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Line 8 x 8 x 2-inch metal baking pan with tinfoil, leaving 2-inch overhang around edges.
3. Pressing firmly foil into corners and up sides of pan. Coat foil with nonstick spray.
4. Whisk flour, baking powder, and 1/4 teaspoon salt in small bowl.
5. Using electric mixer, beat peanut butter, sugar, and butter in large bowl until smooth.
6. Add egg and vanilla; beat on low speed until smooth.
7. Add flour mixture; beat on low speed just to blend.
8. Transfer half of dough to prepared pan (about scant 1 1/2 cups).
9. Place remaining dough in freezer for 10 minutes.
10. Using fingertips, press dough evenly onto bottom of pan.
11. Spread jam over in even layer.
12. Remove dough from freezer; using fingertips, break into grape-size pieces and scatter over jelly layer.
13. Sprinkle chopped nuts over.
14. Bake bars until top is golden brown, about 30 minutes. Cool bars completely in pan on rack.
15. Using foil overhang as aid, lift bars from pan. Gently peel foil from edges. Cut into 16 squares.