Serve for breakfast, lunch or tea. These pancakes also make a tasty starter served with smoked salmon and crème fraîche.
250g (10oz) Boiled and peeled potatoes
150g (4oz) Flahavan’s Oatmeal
50g (2oz) Plain Flour
1 Large chopped onion
1 Clove garlic chopped
500ml (3/4 pint) Milk
1 tbsp Chopped fresh herbs (thyme/parsley/chives)
Butter and oil for frying
1. Place the potato, oats, flour, onion and garlic in a food processor or a blender and blend for approx. 1 min.
2. Add the eggs, milk herbs and blend for a further minute. Season as required.
3. Heat some oil and a knob of butter in a frying pan.
4. Put 1 tablespoon of pancake mix (per pancake) on the pan and fry for 1 minute, turn over and fry the other side until golden brown and cooked through. You can cook 3-4 pancakes at a time on the pan.
5. Transfer the pancakes to a warm plate and repeat steps 3 & 4 above until mixture is used up.