225g/8oz Odlums Cream Plain Flour
125g/4oz Golden Caster Sugar
100g packet Ground Almonds
125g/4oz Butter or Margarine, softened
1 Egg, beaten
Water, if necessary
1 x Jar of Chivers Mincemeat
For dusting: Icing Sugar
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/gas mark 6. Lightly grease a 12-cup patty/bun tin.
2. Combine the flour, sugar and ground almonds in a large bowl and mix well.
3. Rub in the butter or margarine. Add the egg and mix to a soft dough (mix in the water if needed).
4. Turn onto a floured board and gently knead.
5. Wrap in cling film and chill for 30 minutes.
6. Roll the pastry on a floured board and stamp out rounds using a cutter to fit the greased tins.
7. Place a teaspoon of mincemeat into each pastry-lined cup. Cut a ‘lid’ from the remaining pastry for the tops, then press them onto the
8. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown. Dust with icing sugar when cooled.