Delicious simply buttered or serve with whipped cream, Strawberry Jam and a few fresh strawberries.
1. Sieve flour and salt into a bowl, stir in sugar if used.
2. Add currants, raisins, cherries (as desired). Then rub in butter/margarine.
3. Add sufficient milk to make a soft dough.
4. Turn onto a floured board and gently knead to remove any cracks.
5. Roll out lightly to 1″ in thickness. Cut into scones with a cutter dipped in flour.
6. Place on a floured preheated baking sheet/tray, glaze if liked with beaten egg or milk.
7. Bake in a preheated oven 220°C/425°F/Gas 8 on upper shelf position for 10 mins approx.
8. Cool on a wire tray.