Dubliner cheese baked into and crusted on the outside of these biscuits make them a wonderful baked dish and the perfect vessel for Kerrygold Butter. The sage and walnuts create a complex flavor profile that elevate these biscuits to gourmet status.
2 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup cold Kerrygold Pure Irish Butter, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
1 cup (about 4 ounces) shredded Kerrygold Dubliner Cheese, divided
2/3 cup buttermilk
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
2 teaspoons dried sage
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
1. Heat oven to 450° F and lightly grease a baking sheet. In medium bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
2. Add butter to dry ingredients and cut in with a pastry blender or fork until mixture resembles coarse meal.
3. Stir in 1/2 cup of the Kerrygold Dubliner Cheese and remaining ingredients.
4. Stir until mixture forms a ball, adding a little more flour if dough is too sticky.
5. On a very lightly floured board, press dough into a 1-inch-thick square or circle.
6. Sprinkle with 1/4 cup of Dubliner and press lightly into surface. Turn and repeat with remaining cheese.
7. Cut into 12 pieces and place on prepared baking sheet. Bake on center rack of oven for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown.