250g / 8oz Odlums Self Raising Flour
125g / 4oz Golden Caster Sugar
50g / 2oz Chocolate Chips
1 level tsp Baking Powder
12g / ¼oz Cocoa
1 large Egg
150ml / ¼ pint Milk
½ tsp Vanilla Essence
125g / 4oz Butter
1. Preheat oven to 175°C/325°F/Gas 3.
2. Melt butter and allow to cool.
3. In a large bowl combine all dry Ingredients.
4. Mix the egg, milk and vanilla essence into the cooled butter.
5. Now add the wet Ingredients to the dry ones and mix to make a very soft mixture.
6. Spoon into bun cases, making each case about two thirds full.
7. Bake for 20-30 minutes until golden brown and cooked through.
To make spooky spiders, spread honey or jam on cooled buns and top with chocolate chips. Insert 8 pretzel sticks or liquorice laces into the sides of each bun for the legs, and add 2 smarties or jelly tots for eyes.