Pear Tarte Tatin
¾ cup superfine sugar
½ cup water
2/3 stick Kerrygold Unsalted Butter
6 pears, peeled, halved & cored
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
2 sheets ready-made puff pastry
½ cup creme fraiche
1. Pre-heat the oven to 350°F.
2. Place a cast iron pan or an oven proof frying pan over a low heat and add the superfine sugar and water.
3. Stir until the sugar has dissolved. Once the sugar has dissolved, turn the heat up high and simmer for 12-14 minutes or until the syrup is a light golden-brown colour.
4. Then stir in the unsalted butter and cook for a further 2-3 minutes or until you get caramel consistency. Then stir in the ground cinnamon.
5. Arrange the pears with the cut side facing up around the pan and slightly overlapping.
6. Place the puff pastry sheets on top of each other and roll out so that they combine and are big enough to cover the pears in the pan.
7. Place the pastry on top of the pears and fold the edges under so that you’re tucking in the pears and use a sharp knife to make three small slits in the center of the pastry base.
8. Put the pan in the preheated oven for 45 minutes
9. When it’s cooked, carefully turn out the tart onto your serving dish and serve with a dollop of crème fraiche.