Cranberry Stuffed Turkey
1 tablespoon Kerrygold® Salted Butter
1 shallot, sliced
1/3 cup apple cider
1 apple, peeled, cored and chopped
½ cup dried cranberries
2 tablespoons chopped fresh sage
4 Kerrygold® Savory Sliced Cheddar Cheese
Kosher salt and pepper to taste
2 -12- ounce skinless, boneless turkey breasts
1 tablespoon olive oil
Directions for Stuffing:
- Melt Kerrygold Salted butter in a small saucepan and add the shallot, cooking until soft and just starting to brown. Add the apple cider, bring to a boil and boil for 30 seconds. Remove from heat.
- Add apples, cranberries and sage and stir to combine. Set aside.
Directions for Turkey:
- Preheat oven to 400˚. Using a sharp knife, carefully butterfly each turkey breast but do not cut all of the way through.
- Spread turkey breast open and place between 2 pieces of plastic wrap. Lightly pound turkey until about ¼ inch thickness. Remove plastic wrap. Repeat process with second turkey breast.
- Cut the Kerrygold® Savory Cheddar Slices in half and place the 4 halves on top of each breast, leaving a ½ border all of the way around.
- Divide the apple mixture between the 2 breasts and spread over cheese slices.
- Starting from the long side, roll each breast into a spiral. Tie at 2-inch intervals with the kitchen twine. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat olive oil over medium high heat until hot in oven safe skillet.
- Add turkey breasts and brown on each side.
- Place skillet in preheated oven and roast for 30 -40 minutes or until meat is cooked to 165. Let rest for 10 minutes so juices redistribute.
- Remove kitchen twine and cut into ½ inch slices.
- Serve warm
Source: Kerrygold USA