Delicious Sausage Mummies – So easy to make and perfect for Halloween!
1. Preheat oven to 190c/gas mark 5.
2. Unroll a sheet of pastry and cut into fine strips about 1cm wide to form your bandages.
3. Wrap a pastry bandage around each sausage in one direction, and then repeat with another bandage in the other direction. (Just use as many strips as you need to cover each sausage.)
4. Leave a space for a face and then place on a baking sheet lined with greaseproof paper, brush with beaten egg.
5. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes until the sausages are cooked through and the pastry golden.
6. Put the sausage roll mummies on a platter then make your faces. Mix the mustard powder with equal amounts of water to form a paste and then spoon it into a disposable piping bag, snip a tiny hole at the end and pipe a pair of eyes onto each mummy.