¾ cup all-purpose flour
¼ cup almond meal
8 tablespoons room temperature Kerrygold® Salted Butter
2 ounces Kerrygold® Cashel Blue Farmhouse Cheese
2 ounces Kerrygold® Mild Shredded Cheddar Cheese
1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
1/3 cup fig jam
1. Place flour, almond meal, butter, cheeses and pepper in the bowl of a food processor.
2. Pulse a few times to combine and then process until dough starts to pull together and form a ball.
3. Chill dough for 20 minutes.
4. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
5. Lightly flour work surface and roll chilled dough into a circle about 1/3” thick.
6. Use a 1 ½” round cutter to cut rounds of dough and place on a cookie sheet.
7. Continue until all dough has been used, stopping to reroll dough scraps when needed.
8. Make a small dent in each shortbread with your finger and fill with a small dollop of fig jam.
9. Bake for 12-14 minutes or until shortbreads are golden on the bottom. Cool on baking sheet.