For the topping
3 cups fresh rhubarb, chopped in ½ inch chunks
½ cup sugar
2 teaspoons corn starch
½ cup brown sugar
For the cake
¼ cup melted Kerrygold® Salted Butter
3 tablespoons Kerrygold® Salted Butter
¾ cup sugar
1 ¾ teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 1/3 cups flour
½ cup milk
Crème fraîche, optional
Grease a 9-inch cake pan and set aside. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
To make the topping:
1. In a medium bowl, combine rhubarb, ½ cup sugar and 2 teaspoons corn starch. Stir to combine and place in bottom of prepared cake pan.
2. In a small bowl combine melted Kerrygold® salted butter and brown sugar and stir to combine. Drizzle over rhubarb mixture.
To make the cake:
1. Place butter and sugar in another medium bowl and beat until combined. Add egg and vanilla and beat until thoroughly mixed.
2. Add cinnamon, baking powder and ½ cup of the flour and beat until just combined. Add ¼ cup of the milk and beat until just combined.
3. Add ½ cup of flour and beat until just combined. Add ¼ cup milk and mix. Add remaining 1/3 cup of flour and stir until just combined.
4. Pour cake batter over rhubarb mixture and bake in preheated oven for 35-40 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
5. Cool on rack for 15 minutes and then invert on serving platter. Serve warm with crème fraîche, if desired.
Source: Kerrygold USA