Handful of hazelnuts
950ml of unsweetened almond milk
85 grams of short-grain brown rice
50 grams of sugar
1/2 vanilla bean, split lengthwise
85 grams of Chivers strawberry jam
1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. Toast hazelnuts on a rimmed baking sheet until golden brown, 8-10 minutes.
3. Let them cool and then coarsely chop.
4. Combine almond milk, rice, sugar, and 4 cups water in a large saucepan; scrape in vanilla seeds and add pod.
5. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer, stirring occasionally, until rice is very tender and mixture resembles loose rice pudding or oatmeal, 60-70 minutes.
6. Remove vanilla pod. Serve porridge topped with jam and hazelnuts