Crispy bacon, runny eggs and smooth avocado on toasted bread – the perfect breakfast, lunch or brunch.
Dash of white wine vinegar
2 avocados, peeled and chopped
Juice of ½ a lime
¼ teasp. chilli flakes
1 tablesp. coriander leaves, chopped
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
4 slices sourdough bread, lightly toasted
1 tablesp. olive oil
1. Place the rashers under a hot grill and cook until crispy.
2. Mash the avocados with the lime juice, chilli flakes, coriander leaves and season with salt and pepper.
3. To poach the Eggs: Bring a large pan of water to a simmer. Season the water with salt and a dash of vinegar. Give the water a stir to cause it to swirl.
4. Break the eggs, one at a time, into a ramekin or small bowl, then slide gently into the water.
5. Cover the pan and continue to simmer for 2-3 minutes or until the eggs are cooked to your liking.
Toast the bread, drizzle over the olive oil then top with the avocado mixture. Place the rashers on top and finally a poached egg.
Season the egg with a little salt, black pepper and a sprinkle of chilli flakes. Serve with a green salad.
Source: Bord Bia