225g/8oz Porridge Oats
225g/8oz Odlums Self Raising Flour
225g/8oz Golden Caster Sugar
2 tablespoons Golden Syrup
50g/2oz Desiccated Coconut (optional)
1 tablespoon Sqeez Orange Juice
1. Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F/ Gas 4. Lightly grease 2 flat baking trays.
2. Put the butter, sugar and golden syrup into a saucepan over a medium heat and allow to melt, stirring occasionally.
3. Remove from heat and add the oats, flour, orange juice and coconut, if used.
4. Mix well together. Drop dessertspoons of mixture onto prepared trays, keeping them about 2″ apart to allow for spreading.
5. Put trays into oven for 15-20 minutes until golden brown.
6. Remove from oven, cool in tin for a few minutes, then transfer to wire tray to cool completely.