175g porridge oats
2 large bananas, mashed
2 tablesp. honey
2 large eggs, beaten
1. Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 4, 180°C (350°F).
2. In a large bowl mix all the ingredients, except your chosen toppings.
3. Transfer the mixture to a small baking tin, approximately 25cm x 20cm, lined with greaseproof paper.
4. The mixture should be about 2½-3cm deep.
5. Add your choice of toppings and bake in a pre-heated oven for 30 minutes.
6. Allow to cool, slice and serve.
Topping ideas: desiccated coconut, flaked almonds, walnuts, goji berries, fresh berries, raw cocoa nibs.
Serves 8 bars
Source: Bord Bia – Daniel Davey, Sports Nutritionist