225g/8oz Icing Sugar, sieved
75g/3oz Butter (room temperature)
2 tablespoons Baileys
25g/1oz White Chocolate, melted
Strawberries, halved and dipped in white chocolate
1. Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas 4.Grease and base line 2 x 18cm/7½” sandwich tins.
2. Place all ingredients for the cake – flour, butter/margarine, sugar, eggs and Baileys – into a mixing bowl and beat together until mixture is smooth.
3. Transfer to the prepared tins and bake for about 25-30 minutes.
4. Cake is baked when top is gently pressed and it springs back.
5. Remove from tins and cool on a wire tray.
1. Beat all the icing/filling ingredients together until smooth.
2. Sandwich the two cakes with half the filling and spread remaining on the top of the cake.
3. Decorate with the strawberries.