100g packet Flaked Almonds
1. Preheat oven to 190°C/375°F/Gas Mark 5. Lightly grease a 28cm/11 inch flan tin.
2. To make pastry put flour, butter and caster sugar into a mixing bowl and rub through with finger tips until the mixture is course breadcrumbs. Add the egg and sufficient water and mix to a stiff dough. Wrap in clingfilm and chill for 10 minutes
3. Roll out pastry on lightly floured surface and use to line the prepared tin. Prick the base of the pastry using a fork. Line pastry case with grease proof paper and fill with rice or ceramic baking beans.
4. Place in oven and bake blind for ten minutes. Remove the grease proof paper, beans or rice, and return to oven for another 10 minutes.
5. Meanwhile make the filling by putting all ingredients into mixing bowl and beat until smooth.
6. Spread a thin layer of mincemeat on the pastry and spoon the almond mixture on top. Bake for 30-40 minutes until filling is set.
7. After 20 minutes gently shake the flaked almonds over the almond filling and finish baking.
8. Serve hot or cold with cream, custard brandy butter or ice cream.