The smooth, creamy liqueur gives this celebration cheesecake the wow factor. Top with grated chocolate and a dusting of cocoa.
250g/8¾oz digestive biscuits, crushed
600g/1lb 5oz cream cheese
25ml/1fl oz Baileys or other Irish cream liqueur
100ml/3½oz icing sugar
300ml/10½oz double cream, whipped
100g/3½oz grated chocolate
200ml/7¼oz double cream, whipped
cocoa powder, to dust
1. Melt the butter in a pan and add the crushed digestive biscuits. Mix well until the biscuits have absorbed all the butter.
2. Remove from the heat and press into the bottom of a lined 18cm/7in springform tin.
3. Place in the refrigerator and allow to set for one hour.
4. Meanwhile, prepare the filling. Lightly whip the cream cheese then beat in the Irish cream and icing sugar.
5. Fold in the whipped cream and grated chocolate. When smooth, spoon evenly onto the biscuits.
6. Refrigerate and allow to set for a further two hours.
7. Once set, remove and decorate with whipped cream and cocoa powder dusted over the top. Serve.
Source: Rob Burns