50g / 8oz Odlums Self Raising Flour
125g / 4oz Superfine Sugar
12g / 1/4oz Cocoa
50g / 2oz Chocolate Chips
1 Level Teaspoon Baking Powder
1 Large Egg
150ml / 1/4 pint Milk
1/2 teaspoon Vanilla Essence
125g / 4oz Margarine
125g/4oz Butter (room temperature)
225g/8oz Powdered sugar (sieved) mixed with Cocoa Powder for chocolate topping & orange food coloring for orange topping.
Plastic Spider/Halloween Novelty & sprinkles
1. Preheat oven to 175°C/325°F/Gas 3.
2. Melt margarine and allow to cool.
3. In a large bowl combine all dry Ingredients.
4. Mix the egg, milk and vanilla essence into the cooled margarine.
5. Now add the wet Ingredients to the dry ones and mix to make a very soft mixture.
6. Spoon into bun cases, making each case about two thirds full.
7. Bake for 20 30 minutes until golden brown and cooked through.