Pound Cake Ingredients:
12 tablespoons softened Kerrygold Unsalted Butter
3 ounces cream cheese
1 ½ cups granulated sugar
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
5 eggs, lightly beaten
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
¼ cup milk, half and half or heavy cream
Maple Peach Topping Ingredients:
1/2 cup Kerrygold® Salted Butter
1/2 cup pure maple syrup
Mascarpone Whipped Cream Ingredients:
1 cup heavy cream
½ cup mascarpone cheese
¼ cup powdered sugar
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
Pound Cake Instructions:
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Lightly grease a 9 x 5 loaf pan and set aside.
2. Place Kerrygold unsalted butter and cream cheese in a large bowl and cream on high until light and fluffy.
3. Whisk together sugar, flour, salt and baking powder in a medium bowl; add to butter mixture and beat until well combined.
(It will look crumbly and sandy at first, but keep beating it until it resembles a dry cookie dough that clumps together.)
4. Whisk together the eggs, vanilla and milk in a small bowl. Add liquid to batter in 3 batches, beating well after each addition.
5. Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 50 minutes. Lightly tent pan with foil to keep from overbrowning and bake for another 25-35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in loaf comes out clean.
6. Cool for 10 minutes in pan and then remove from pan to cool completely on wire rack.
Maple Peach topping:
1. In a small saucepan, combine 1/2 cup Kerrygold® Salted Butter and 1/2 cup pure maple syrup over low heat.
2. Stir until butter is melted and then whisk to combine.
3. Toss with fresh peach slices from 4 large peaches
Mascarpone Whipped Cream:
1. Place 1 cup heavy cream, ½ cup mascarpone cheese, ¼ cup powdered sugar and ½ teaspoon vanilla extract in a bowl.
2. Beat on high with a whisk attachment until cream thickens and holds its shape.
How to Grill Pound Cake:
1. Generously butter 1” slices of pound cake on both sides.
2. Grill slices over medium heat until toasted.
3. Flip and repeat on opposite side.
Plate slices of grilled pound cake and top with peaches and a dollop of whipped cream.
Source: Kerrygold USA