175g / 6oz Odlums Self Raising Flour
50g / 2oz Butter (room temperature)
75g / 3oz Icing Sugar (sieved)
75g / 3oz Odlums Cream Plain Flour
50g / 2oz Butter
50g / 2oz Demerara Sugar
50g / ½ packet Flaked Almonds (optional)
1. Place flour, butter and icing sugar into a food processor and blend until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs
2. Add the egg and another quick buzz should bring all the Ingredients together, making a soft dough.
3. Press into a greased baking tray 28cm x 18cm (11″ x 7″).
4. Spread Chivers Mincemeat evenly onto base.
5. Place the flour and butter into the food processor and blend until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
6. Stir in the sugar and flaked almonds (optional) and sprinkle mixture over mincemeat. Press down lightly.
7. Bake in preheated oven at 180°C/350°F/Gas 4 for about 30 minutes until top is golden brown.
8. Cool in tin and cut into slices.