150ml/¼pt Golden Syrup
225g/8oz Chocolate (good quality, at least 60% cocoa)
½ x 400g packet of Digestive Biscuits, roughly crushed
½ x 400g packet of Rich Tea Biscuits, roughly crushed
1 packet of Maltesers
125g/4oz Walnuts, Brazil Nuts and/or Almonds (optional)
125g/4oz Sultanas, Apricots and/or Cherries (optional)
1. Line a 15cms/6″ round cake tin or a 2lb loaf tin with a double layer of greaseproof paper.
2. Melt the butter, syrup and chocolate in a pan over a low heat.
3. Stir to make sure all the ingredients are well mixed together.
4. Add the biscuits, maltesers and fruit and nuts, if used. Stir well.
5. Transfer to prepared tin. Level it on top and press down well to avoid air gaps.
6. Allow to get cold and hard. Wrap completely in greaseproof paper and store in a fridge.