50g/2oz Odlums Cream Plain Flour
4 Large Potatoes, peeled and grated
1 Egg, beaten
Pinch of Bread Soda, sieved
Salt and Pepper
Oil for frying
1. Put grated potatoes, flour, bread soda, egg, salt and pepper into a bowl.
2. Mix well, until all ingredients are blended together.
3. Use as soon as mixture is mixed, do not allow to stand as the mixture can discolour.
4. Heat a little oil on a frying pan, when hot drop spoonfuls of mixture onto pan and fry for about 3 to 4 minutes, then turn and repeat on the other side.
5. Boxty should be golden brown when cooked.
6. Serve hot.
*Enjoy as part of a hearty Irish Breakfast
*Place poached egg or scrambled egg on top
*Serve with beef or chicken