A baked potato is easy peasy to do. So for those who can’t cook at all, this is a good one to start with. It’s this simple.
• A large potato, Golden Wonder or Records are good
• Salt and pepper
• A hand full of grated cheddar
• A sprinkle of finely sliced spring onions
• Ballymaloe Country Relish
• Some fresh green leaves
• French Dressing
1. Turn on the oven to 180ºC/gas 4. Scrub the potato, prick it with a knife and put it in the oven.
2. Wait for about an hour (this depends on the size of the spud) and when it’s soft in the center it’s ready.
3. With the point of a sharp knife cut a large cross, a few centimeters deep, on the top.
4. Open the potato on a plate, season with a sprinkle of salt and pepper, add a knob of butter, sprinkle with a little cheddar cheese and spring onions, pop a spoon of Ballymaloe Country Relish on top.
5. Serve with a green salad drizzled with a little French Dressing. That’s it!
Once this is mastered and you’re looking for a greater challenge, add a few crisp lardons of bacon or some avocado.