6 eggs, divided
½ cup chopped red pepper
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon pepper
3 tablespoons chopped fresh chives, divided
1 tablespoon Kerrygold® Salted Butter
1 (8-ounce) can crescent rolls
3 ounces grated Kerrygold® Dubliner® Cheese
3 ounces grated Kerrygold® Skellig Cheese
8 slices bacon, cooked
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Crack 5 eggs in a medium bowl and whisk until combined. Stir in red pepper, salt, pepper and 2 tablespoons of chives.
3. Melt Kerrygold salted butter in a nonstick frying pan over medium heat and add egg mixture. Use a spatula to stir the eggs as curds form.
4. When eggs are 80 percent cooked, remove from heat and set aside.
5. Separate the crescent rolls into triangles and lay in a star shape on the parchment paper, overlapping the edges of the short sides of the triangles and leaving a 4-inch circle in the middle. Press down dough of overlapping edges to seal.
6. Place one slice of bacon on each of the pointed edges. Divide the Dubliner cheese evenly around the edge of the circle.
7. Stir the eggs in the pan with a spatula and distribute evenly on top of Dubliner cheese.
8. Repeat process with the Skellig cheese on top of eggs.
9. Roll the pointed ends of the crescent roll into the middle over the egg and cheese mixture and tuck under in middle.
10. In a small bowl, beat remaining egg and brush over top of crescent roll dough, covering all of the dough. Bake in preheated oven for 20-25 minutes until golden brown.
11. Cut into slices and garnish with remaining tablespoon of chives. Serve immediately.
Source: Kerrygold USA