2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for rolling
1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 cup Kerrygold Salted Butter, very cold, cut into small cubes
1 cup grated Kerrygold Aged Cheddar Cheese
4 ounces cooked and cooled maple bacon, finely chopped
1 cup buttermilk, plus 1 tablespoon for brushing
1 tablespoon maple syrup
1. Heat oven to 425°F. Line a rimmed sheet tray with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, salt, and baking powder.
3. Add the Kerrygold Salted Butter and cut in with a pastry blender until it resembles coarse crumbs with some pea-sized lumps.
4. Stir in the Kerrygold Aged Cheddar Cheese and bacon, then stir in the buttermilk. Use a floured hand to knead the dough together in the bowl.
5. Lightly flour your work surface and turn out the dough. Pat into a 1-inch-thick square. Use a 2-inch biscuit cutter to stamp out 10 biscuits. Do not twist the cutter.
6. Place on a parchment-lined sheet tray. Mix together remaining tablespoon buttermilk and maple syrup.
7. Brush the tops with the maple mixture, and bake for 12 to 15 minutes, until golden brown. Cool completely.
Source: Kerrygold USA