400g strong flour
1 x 7g/1 sachet dried yeast
1 teaspoon salt
300ml warm water
1 tablesp. olive oil
8 rashers, rind removed and grilled
4 tablespoons passata
125g mozzarella, cut into chunks
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Quick Basil Oil
A handful of basil leaves
A little salt
3 tablesp. olive oil
To make the Pizza Base:
1. Mix the flour, yeast and salt together in a large bowl and make a well in the centre.
2. Add the water and mix to a pliable dough, then add in the olive oil.
3. Turn the dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead for 10 minutes or until smooth and elastic. Return to the bowl.
4.Cover with cling wrap or a damp tea towel and set aside in a warm, draught-free place to rise for approximately 2 hours or until dough has doubled in size.
1. Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 6, 200°C (400°F).
2. Roll out the dough into an oblong shape – approx. 38cm x 17cm. Sprinkle a little flour over a baking sheet and place the dough on it.
3. Spread the passata over the dough then add the rashers and mozzarella cheese. Carefully break the eggs onto the dough.
4. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper, then bake for about 12 minutes or until the egg has just set and the dough is crispy around the edges.
5. While the pizza is cooking make the basil oil by simply placing the basil leaves in a mortar with a little salt and the olive oil and stir with the pestle until the leaves break down.
Source: Bord Bia