As the temperatures heat up across the country during the summer months, we strongly advise our customers, who live outside of the two-day shipping area**, to select Next Day or Second Day air when shipping candy or chocolate covered cookies.
The reason for this is that we do not have any control over the handling of your order once it is handed over to UPS. UPS do NOT have any kind of refrigerated methods of transportation that we know of.
We will pack all chocolate orders in an insulated container and we will include ice packs. Orders containing chocolate will only ship Monday through Wednesday so that they do not sit in a hot warehouse over the weekend.
In the event that you decide to ship your order via ground when outside of the two-day shipping area then your order will not be packed on ice.
We are not responsible for damage or spoilage due to excessive heat in transit, and UPS will not accept claims for heat damage.
We also recommend that, if you are at work during the day, and cannot have the order shipped to your place of business, consider having the order shipped to a neighbor, or a friend. That way the package is not left out in the heat of the day.
If in doubt, please contact us and we would be more than happy to discuss shipping your order before it is placed.
** The following states are within the two-day shipping area and may select ground:
CT, DC, DE, IN, MA, MD, ME, NC, NH, NJ, NY, OH, PA, RI, SC, TN, VA, VT, WV and certain areas of the following states: KY, GA, MI and IL. Please see the map below for further details.
Please continue reading for our regular shipping policy:
FoodIreland.com is dedicated to delivering your order in pristine condition.
Because we ship perishable and non perishable food items,
each order is subject to our quality control parameters.
This page outlines how we handle your order.
* We are not responsible for a parcel that is delayed as a result of a UPS delay in the delivery of your parcel
* We are not responsible if the shipping address provided is not correct.
* Please ensure there is someone home to receive your package.
Please continue to read below or regular shipping policies, which all orders are subject to.
Perishable Items Shipping restrictions:
To ensure the highest quality of products delivered to you, perishable items have shipping restrictions
aimed at minimizing the 'time in transit'. All orders containing perishable products must be delivered
within two days after leaving our warehouse.
- • Perishable Products:
- There are three main factors which affect an order containing perishable items:
- 1. It must be shipped to ensure it arrives within two days. There are some exceptions.
- 2. No orders containing perishable items can be shipped after Wednesday, as they would sit
in a shippers warehouse over the weekend and spoil. There are some exceptions.
- 3. An order containing a Small Perishable Item ( SPI ) must have a minimum of four SPI's in the order before
we can ship it. This is due to packaging constraint in shipping Small Perishable Items.
- 4. We cannot take responsibility for a parcel that was spoiled as a result of an incorrect shipping address entered on the order. Please make sure you enter the correct and exact shipping address. This is the biggest reason why a parcel is delayed and consequently spoiled. If you are not sure of a shipping address, please check it before you place the order.
- • Non Perishable Products:
- Non Perishable products have no real shipping restrictions. They are shipped Monday thru Friday.
- • Shipping Perishable items internationally:
- Due to customs delays outside our control and foreign Health Department regulations, it is not possible to ship perishable items outside of the United States. We can only ship perishable items within the United States of America.
What are Small Perishable Items (SPI's)?
- • A Small Perishable Item is one individual piece of a chilled or Frozen product.
- • They must be packed in an insulated container in order to be shipped. We need to put a minimum of four
Small Perishable items in our smallest insulated container before we can ship.
- • One or two Small perishable items in this insulated container are not sufficient to keep the temperature
at the desired level before it reaches you.
- • When you order SPI's, you need to order a minimum of four of these items before we can ship them to you.
- • SPI's have stock numbers beginning in the letters 'SPI'. They are basically all the individual Meat and Dairy
- • If you order a Large Perishable Item, you can order as few SPI's as you wish.
- • Imported Bread is considered a perishable item for shipping, but is not required to go in to an insulated
What are Large Perishable Items (LPI's)?
- • A Large Perishable Item is basically a collection of Small Perishable Items and sold as a unit.
- • They consist of mainly of our breakfast packages. All Large Perishable Items begin with the stock number LPI.
- • If you order a LPI, you can order as many or few of the Small Perishable Items as you wish. The extra SPI's
you order will be placed in the insulated container with your LPI.
Are there any other types of Perishable Products?
- • Bread and Scones are classified as perishable and need to arrive within two days of leaving our warehouse.
- • However they are not packed on ice and therefore not considered an 'SPI'.
- • We pack bread and scones straight from the freezer but it will arrive in a defrosted state.
- • You have 4 days from date your order ships to consume bread and scones.
What happens if I order a mixture of Perishable and non Perishable items?
- • If there is a savings to you by shipping the non perishable portion of your order by ground transportation,
we will do so. Otherwise we will ship your entire order so it arrives to you within two days.
What shipping methods are available?
Orders placed on our website are all downloaded to be processed the following business day. Orders are processed on a FIFO system ( First In, First Out ). When you select a shipping method, it will refer to the time in transit and not the time from when you place your order:
- • UPS Next Day Air:
- • For example: If you place your order on Monday selecting Next Day Air, we will process and
ship your order on Tuesday with a scheduled delivery of Wednesday.
- • If, however, you select Next Day Air on a Thursday, then we can ship your order on Friday
to arrive on Saturday, but there will be an additional UPS charge for Saturday Delivery.
You will be emailed and asked if you would like to proceed with this or if you would like us to hold
your order and ship the following Monday to arrive on Tuesday.
- • If you select Next Day Air on Friday, Saturday or Sunday your order will ship on Monday to arrive on Tuesday.
- • UPS 2nd Day Air:
- • If you select UPS 2nd Day Air, your order will be sent to the warehouse the following business day.
Please allow 1 - 2 business days for order processing.
- • Please remember we only ship perishable orders on Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday.
- • UPS Ground:
- • If you select UPS Ground your order will be sent to the warehouse the following business day.
Please allow 1 - 2 business days for order processing.
- • If you order contains perishable items it will be shipped in accordance with our shipping
guidelines whereby it will not be shipped over a weekend.
Note: During peak seasons, there may be a longer delay in shipping your order. (Due to the volume of orders we receive during the months of November, December and March, please allow 3-4 business days for order processing.)
What shipping method should I choose when ordering perishable items?
- • If your shipping address is within the 1 - 2 transit days outlined below by UPS then you may select
- • If you are located outside these areas and you have ordered some perishable items then you will be
required to select UPS 2nd Day Air.
- • If you have any queries or you are not sure what you should choose then please do not hesitate to contact us
on our toll free number: 877 474 7436.
How long does it take for my order to be packed and shipped?
- • Orders placed on our internet site are all processed for the following business day. Orders are processed
on a FIFO system ( First In, First Out ).
- • Please allow 1-2 business days for order shipment.
- • Any order that contains perishable items generally cannot be shipped on Thursday or Friday as they would
sit on a truck over the weekend and spoil.
- • Orders containing perishable items received on or after Wednesday are shipped the following Monday.
There are some exceptions.
- • During peak seasons, there may be a longer delay in shipping your order.
- • In some cases, if a stock item is missing from your order, we may hold your order for a few days as
we retrieve the missing stock item from our inventories stored at a different location.
How do we calculate shipping charges?
- • All orders are shipped UPS or USPS. As you add items to your shopping basket, the weight of your basket
increases. Once you enter the shipping address, the shipping charge is calculated.
- • These shipping charges are then presented to you instantly. You save considerably over other mail order
shipping charges as you only pay shipping for what you order. Other mail order companies add on arbitrary
shipping charges to orders resulting in most orders being overcharged for shipping.
- • You can check shipping charges for yourself on the UPS website.
- • If you change the delivery address after your package has shipped there will be a UPS surcharge of $12.35.
This will be charged to your card.